Senior Research Scientist In Vitro Biology
Senior Research Scientist – In Vitro Biology
Location – Oxfordshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Our client is a leading Pharmaceutical company providing drug discovery solutions to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic institutions. The company operates worldwide and utilizes their scientific expertise and leading technologies to drive drug discovery and development in key therapeutic areas.
Due to company expansion, opportunities are currently available within the In Vitro Biology division to join a growing team and utilise their experience to drive forward drug discovery projects.
Core responsibilities include:
· Design and execution of research experiments to support client programs
· Utilising expertise in assay and screening methodologies to establish targets
· Support partner work programs through identification of methods and develop procedures
· Prepare technical reports and deliver technical presentations.
· Experience in current principles and theories in assay development and screening
· Experience developing and running In-Vitro assays for drug discovery programs
· Industry or Post Doctoral experience in Assay development, validation and implementation for medicinal chemistry and/or Biologics development
· Knowledge of pre-clinical candidate nomination and biomarker strategies would be beneficial
· PhD in relevant area with In-vitro methodologies would be beneficial
· MSc, BSc in Biochemistry, Pharmacology or relevant discipline
The role offers the scope for someone to join the team at either Scientist or Senior Scientist level and would offer a financial package based on experience level. £30,000-£45,000 + full benefits package