Senior Research Scientist, Super-resolution Microscopy
Senior Research Scientist – Super-resolution Microscopy
Location – Manchester
Duration – 12 month FTC
Our client is a developing Technology business who is now seeking an experienced Biologist to support with research and imaging using super-resolution microscopy.
Previous experience with Super-Resolution Microscopy is essential.
The role will involve working in a small team of research scientist and engineers contributing to the development of biological imaging of viruses and other biological samples. You will be required to:
- Acquire and prepare biological samples for super-resolution imaging
- Compare and validate imaging results
- Interpret images and support with the development of software tools to enhance resolution
Suitable applicants will have:
- Previous experience with Super-resolution Microscopy
- Experience in preparing biological samples (including viruses)
- Previous experience with diagnostic tools and software (e.g.MATLAB)
- Educated to PhD level in a Biological discipline, ideally cell or molecular biology
In return, my client offers and initial contract of 12 months with potential for longer-term opportunities. The salary package is a competitive offering which is based on experience.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK for the full 12-month duration