Senior Scientist – Organic Process Chemistry
Location – Oxfordshire
Sector – Pharmaceutical
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical CRO based in the heart of Oxfordshire who are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working Senior Scientist to join their scale-up and tech transfer team. This position is open to individuals with significant industry experience in organic synthesis and PhD candidates who are highly experienced in organic chemistry, ideally who have previous pharmaceutical process chemistry experience.
This is a position for individuals who have existing process chemistry and organic chemistry experience. As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for developing robust and scalable synthetic routes for small organic molecule APIs. This will be on the gram to hundreds of gram scale. Job responsibilities include:
· Designing and scaling robust multi-step synthetic procedures for API development, up to the hundred gram scale.
· Helping transfer processes from the lab to pilot plant.
· Liaising with internal and external customers to ensure projects are moving as expected.
· Adhering to GMP and internal working standards with correct documentation of work.
Successful applicants will have the following:
· PhD in Chemistry focused on organic synthesis and scale-up to multi-gram scale.
· Process development experience within batch production is desirable.
· An understanding of various reaction types, multi-step synthesis and route design.
· Strong experience of using column chromatography, recrystallisation and other purification techniques.
· Strong NMR, Mass Spectrometry and other analytical/characterisation tools.
· Brilliant problem solving skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst understanding the underlying chemistry.
· Knowledge of GMP would be a bonus.
Being a leading pharmaceutical CRO, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a salary of £30,000 and upwards.
For additional information or to submit an application please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org