Senior Research Scientist
Location – Nottingham
Sector – Pharmacology/Pharmaceutical/Biology
Our client is an up-and-coming Pharmacology based CRO who offer bespoke research services to pharmaceutical companies looking to further their drug development programmes. Offering a range of services from biochemical and cellular assays to medium throughput screening, they are now looking for assay scientists to join their team to develop screening assays for drug against receptor targets. As they are in a current phase of expansion it’s a fantastic time to join their increasing success, so if you’re a specialist in molecular pharmacology and have experience in biochemical/cellular assay development, then this could be the role for you.
This is a role for experienced individuals with a Pharmacology/Biochemistry PhD who have a passion for molecular pharmacology and a good understanding of the drug discovery and development process. As a Senior Research Scientist, you will be responsible for the running, optimisation and development of biochemical and cell-based assays to determine affinity, kinetics etc of developing drugs against receptor targets. You will write up and often present your data, whilst working in a team-based environment. Due to the nature of my clients’ work, you will also collaborate alongside other companies to further their drug development programmes.
Skills and Experience Needed
Suitable Applicants will have:
- A PhD in Biochemistry/Molecular Pharmacology (MSc and BSc holders with 1+ years of industry experience will be considered also).
- Good knowledge of GPCRs, other receptors and their place in drug discovery.
- Experience of biochemical / cell-based assays to determine affinity, kinetics, etc of drug candidates.
- Experience in techniques such as: TR-FRET, BRET, radio-labelled + fluorescent ligand binding assays, cAMP accumulation, GTP accumulation etc.
- Previous cell culture (mammalian) experience is desirable.
- A strong passion for molecular pharmacology and drug discovery.
- A get-up-and-go attitude to their work.
- The ability to run their own projects and work with synergy in a team.
As a niche pharmacology specialist, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.