Senior Scientist - Diagnostics Assay Development
Senior Scientist – Diagnostic Assay Development
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery and Diagnostics / immobilisation / immunoassay
Contract – 12 month FTC (Full-time hours)
Salary – £35,000-£45,000 DOE
Start Date – ASAP
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their drug discovery and diagnostics team as a Senior Scientist on a 12 month fixed-term contract basis. If you are looking to work on exciting immunoassay diagnostic development projects using molecule immobilisation and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for experienced Assay development Scientists who hold a PhD (or Master’s) in a biologically focused discipline, who have proven experience in immunoassay development and molecule immobilisation. As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for developing diagnostic hardware and assays, supporting macromolecule immobilisation assay development, communicating with external and internal partners. All of this will be done whilst communicating effectively with interdisciplinary teams, recording findings and following safety protocols.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s – Ideally focused around diagnostics and immunoassays.
- A proven background post-graduate roles in assay development for immunoassays is essential (ELISA, fluorescence, chemiluminescence, sandwich etc)
- Having macromolecule immobilisation to solid substrate experience would be ideal (bio-affinity or covalent mobilisation).
- The ability to manage projects and adapt to a changing environment.
- A knowledge of quantitative endpoints i.e. fluorescence / luminescence etc.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation, with a competitive salary and benefits package.