Senior Scientist (Drug Delivery)
Senior Scientist - Drug Delivery
Location - Cheshire
Sector - Drug Discovery
Contract - Full time and permanent opportunity
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Discovery Sciences Team as a Senior Scientist within Drug Delivery. If you are looking to work on exciting drug delivery projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for individuals who have recently, or who soon will have, obtained a PhD in a drug delivery and nanomedicine focused project. It is also open to those who have some post-doc experience, or those who have a degree and significant industry experience within nanomedicine / nanoparticles. As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for the advancement of novel and exciting drug delivery systems for an external client. You will draw on your extensive knowledge of nanoparticle characterisation, cell biology and molecular biology to assess and improve drug delivery systems. You will work in a collaborative environment, providing intricate data to improve drug discovery programmes.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s - Focused around nanomedicine or nanoparticles for drug delivery and an understanding of Zeta potential measurements.
- Strong understanding and background of molecular and cellular biology so as to characterise nanoparticles and asses their suitability.
- Significant experience in drug discovery research.
- Significant experience in running of ELISA, cell-based assays, western blotting
- Significant experience of PCR, RNA/DNA isolation, RT-qPCR etc.
- A strong ability to problem-solve and take the lead on projects when needed.
- 1-2 years as a post-doc in University could be advantageous.
- Experience in working in multi-organisation projects would be beneficial
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a full-time and permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm interested in this job