Senior Scientist Drug Discovery
Senior Scientist – Drug Discovery and Pharmacology
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Contract – Full-time and permanent position
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Discovery Sciences Team as a Senior Scientist with a focus on pharmacology, drug target engagement and mechanism of action (MOA) studies. If you are looking to work on exciting drug discovery projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for individuals who have several years’ experience in Immunology and cell biology, either as a PhD, or a BSc / MSc and some experience in industry. It is also open to those who have some post-doc experience, or those who have a degree and significant industry experience within a relevant drug discovery role. As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for the advancement of novel and exciting drug target, mechanism of action (MOA), cellular pharmacology and molecular pharmacology projects for a wide-range of collaborators. You will draw on your extensive knowledge of cell biology and molecular biology. You will work in a collaborative environment, providing intricate data to improve drug discovery programmes.
General responsibilities will include:
- Development and improvement of cellular assays to support MOA studies and target engagement.
- Running assays with fluorescence and luminescence end-points, as well as flow cytometry.
- Use of primary and immoratlised cell lines.
- Building internal laboratory capabilities
- Providing bespoke laboratory solutions to provide high quality data for drug discovery projects.
- Managing internal and external projects, with collaboration between internal and external teams.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or BSc / Master’s – Focused around biology or pharmacology (Essential)
- Proven experience in cellular and molecular biology within a drug discovery setting, ideally pharmacology (Essential)
- Experience in running target engagement assays using some techniques such as FRET, FP, BRET, binding assays, western blotting, secondary messenger assays (cAMP / Ca2+ imaging), flow cytometry ect (Essential to have this or experience in MOA studies)
- Experience in mechanism of actions studies investigating kinetics, binding modality, IC50 etc (Essential to have this or experience in target engagement studies)
- Experience in using primary and immortalised cell lines (ideal, but not essential)
- Experience in using automated liquid handing equipment for plate reading (ideal, but not essential)
- Strong communication skills (Essential)
- Proven project management skills and experience (Essential)
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a full-time basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to email@example.com