Senior Scientist - GPCR
Senior Scientist – Pharmacology (GPCR)
Location – Nottingham
Sector – Drug Discovery
Contract – Full-time and permanent
Salary - £28,000 - £35,000 DOE
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Nottingham, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Discovery Sciences Team as a Senior Scientist within receptor/GPCR and cellular pharmacology. If you are looking to work on exciting drug discovery projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for individuals who have several years’ experience in GPCR pharmacology and cell biology gained through a PhD, a BSc or / MSc with (ideally) some experience in industry. It is also open to those who have some post-doc experience, or those who have a degree and significant industry experience within cellular or receptor pharmacology. As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for the advancement of novel and exciting drug target identification projects, drug screening and development of biochemical and cellular assays for an external client. You will draw on your extensive knowledge of pharmacology, cell biology and molecular biology. You will work in a collaborative environment, providing intricate data to improve drug discovery programmes.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or BSc / Master’s – Focused around cell biology, pharmacology or immunology (Essential)
- Have significant experience in one or more of the following areas (Essential)
- GCPR or other receptor pharmacology
- Drug screening using in vitro assays (FRET, BRET, radioligand binding, live-cell imaging etc)
- Immunology (within drug discovery)
- Cellular pharmacology
- Have a deep rooted understanding of pharmacological principals i.e. IC50s, dose response curves etc. (Essential)
- Strong understanding and background of molecular and cellular biology (Essential)
- A strong ability to problem-solve and take the lead on projects when needed. (Essential)
- Prior project leadership or people management experience (Desired)
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a full-time basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Charlie Cox at Charlie.email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about the role then please call Charlie on 07903 204577