Senior Scientist - Imaging
Senior Scientist (Imaging) – Drug Development
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their pre-clinical imaging team as a Senior Scientist. If you are looking to work on exciting pre-clinical in-vivo imaging projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for experienced Imaging Scientists who hold a PhD (or Master’s) in a biologically focused discipline. As a Senior Imaging Scientist, you will be responsible for designing imaging studies for external collaborators, developing in-vivo models and running studies to understand novel therapeutics. You will run and develop imaging techniques including PET, High Frequency Ultrasonic Imaging and others. All of this will be done whilst communicating effectively with interdisciplinary teams, recording findings and following safety protocols. The role is full-time and permanent.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s – Ideally focused around biological imaging.
- Strong understanding of multiple disease areas such as oncology, neuroscience, inflammation, immunology.
- Significant experience of pre-clinical, in-vivo model use and development.
- Holder of HO PIL ABC licence.
- Significant experience in imaging techniques such as PET, High Frequency Ultrasonic Imaging, gamma counting, etc.
- Experience in running and delivering pre-clinical imaging studies.
- Experience in working with radioactive substances.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org