Senior Scientist Analytical Development
Senior Scientist – Analytical Development
Location – Oxfordshire
Sector – Biology
Salary – Competitive
Full time, permanent role
Our client is a cutting-edge biological therapeutics company based in Oxfordshire, who are offering an opportunity based around leading the development and optimisation of flow-cytometry assays for the measurement and characterisation of complex biologics. This position is a great opportunity for a flow-cytometry expert with strong experience in the field of complex biological molecules, from an MSc/PhD background with relevant industry experience.
This position is suitable for individuals with a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food Science, Biological or Chemical Engineering or a related field and some relevant industry laboratory experience in the analysis of complex biological molecules, or alternatively a similar BSc/MSc alongside considerable direct laboratory experience as described. As a senior scientist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Flow-Cytometry assay method development for the measurement of complex biologics and therapeutics,
- Becoming the Subject Matter Expert on Flow-Cytometry, overseeing the maintenance according to SOPs, and training other users,
- Aiding microscopy projects with external partners,
- Assisting technical transfer and validation within cGMP facilities,
- Ensuring GMO/ACDP regulations are followed.
Skills and Experience Needed
An ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological or Chemical Engineering, or a related field, with some relevant industry laboratory experience analysing complex biological molecules,
- Candidates who have built a strong career in an industrial biotherapeutic laboratory with a BSc/MSc will also be considered
- Extensive flow-cytometry industry experience: developing, transferring, qualifying, and validating methods for biological therapeutics is essential,
- Microscopy experience is beneficial,
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance in the field of assay qualification/validation and analytical techniques,
- Experience in applying DoE (Design of Experiments) to improve analytical assays would be beneficial,
- Other biological assay development experience, e.g. qPCR, cell-based assays, bioassays, ELISA, Ultra-Centrifugations, or other similar techniques is beneficial,
- Expertise in the interpretation of analytical data, including understanding of statistical methods and the ability to use data analysis software proficiently is essential.
Our client is offering this opportunity on a full-time, permanent basis. The salary is competitive, and is offered alongside a similarly competitive benefits package.
For additional information or to submit an application, please contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email your CV to email@example.com