Senior Scientist Biomarker Discovery
Senior Scientist – Biomarker Discovery
Sector – Drug Discovery
Location – Cambridge
Our client is a Cambridgeshire based Drug Discovery company who specialise in the development of treatments for neurodegenerative, mitochondrial and other diseases. An opportunity has become available for a Senior Scientist to join the company on a permanent basis.
Working within a small research team you will be responsible for research within cellular, molecular and genetic mechanisms for effective biomarker identification.
· Design and development of in vitro assays
· Development, characterisation and validation of Biomarker assays
· Identification of biological pathways
· Evaluate cellular and molecular mechanisms to further understand target biology mechanistics
· Contribute to biomarker strategy and clinical protocol
Suitable applicants will have:
· Significant experience with biomarker discovery
· Experienced in biomarker assay development and validation
· Postdoctoral or industry experience in target validation for drug discovery.
· Experience researching and investigating biological mechanisms and disease related pathways
· MSc, PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant biochemical discipline
· Experience working with human biospecimens
· Strong knowledge and practical experience with ELISA, western blotting, flow cytometry, qPCR
In return, my client offers the opportunity to work within a dynamic research team in an exciting area of drug discovery. Salary package will be competitive and dependent on experience.