Senior Scientist - PET Imaging
Senior Scientist – in vivo PET imaging
Location – Cheshire (Macclesfield)
Sector – Drug Discovery
Contract – Initially a 2 year fixed term contract - onsite.
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
Our client are a scientifically passionate company who lead extensive collaborations and offer services to the Drug Discovery and Disease Research sectors. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their in vivo imaging team as a Senior Scientist. If you are looking to work on exciting translational in vivo imaging projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for experienced Imaging Scientists who hold a PhD (or Master’s) in a biologically focused discipline, with additional postdoctoral or industry experience.
As a Senior Imaging Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and running mouse + rodent PET / in vivo imaging studies for a range of purposes including biodistribution, pharmacokinetics (PK) and cellular responses.
- Leading exciting projects relating to lipid nanoparticle based therapeutics.
- Delivery of high quality experimental data and presenting this to external partners.
- Oversee and manage projects spanning multiple organisations, from conception to completion.
- Innovating in the in vivo imaging space to bring new technologies or ways of applying the technology to projects.
- Adhering to regulations and guidelines for in vivo work, including Home-Office project licence.
- Labelling / radiolabelling of LNPs (optional)
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants must have:
- A PhD or Master’s – focused around biological imaging (essential)
- Significant experience of developing pre-clinical in vivo mouse and rodent models (essential)
- Hold a personal Home Office PIL ABC licence (essential)
- Must have significant experience in positron emission tomography (PET) imaging and data analysis + image reconstruction tools (essential)
- Proven experience of routine in vivo techniques such as tissue collection, blood sampling, dosing via common routes etc (essential)
- Experience in leading, or influencing complex scientific projects (essential)
- Strong experience in ex vivo techniques like immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunofluorescence staining, microscopy etc (essential)
- Good communication and problem-solving skills (essential)
Suitable applicants could have:
- Experience working on complex projects spanning across multiple organisation types (CRO, biotech, medical research charity, academia, etc) (desired)
- Experience in other in vivo imaging techniques including SPECT, IVIS, MRI etc (nice to have)
- PMOD image analysis software experience (desired)
- Radioligand labelling experience (nice to have)
- Working on lipid nanoparticle (LNP) within formulation, dosing or translational studies (nice to have)
- Prior industry experience in an SME or pharmaceutical company (desired)
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a temporary basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org