Location: Office based from one of 4 locations: Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Cheshire
Sector: IT / Science / Engineering / Mathematics
Our client is a global Data Science and Artificial Intelligence consultancy who work with a range of clients across several sectors within science, engineering and mathematics. They have helped numerous pharmaceutical companies progress drug discovery programmes; oil & gas companies improve exploration results and FMCG organisation improve new product success. With 4 office locations (Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Cheshire), they are looking for experienced Software Architects to support a range of ongoing and new projects. If you are looking to develop your career, by working in a top 100 Sunday Times employer, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
This is a position for highly experienced Software Architects, who have a strong background in both software development and architecture. As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for working on a range of projects across many different industries, but it is essential that you have a scientific, mathematics or engineering background. You will have a varied technical background, to assist clients with different needs. You will be responsible for leading and interacting with small teams and will have client facing responsibilities. Travel will be expected in this role, usually up to 1 hour away from your base office.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Ideally a decade or more of software development experience and a few years architecture experience.
- BSc or higher in Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering (Computer Science okay)
- Architecture accreditations are a bonus i.e. TOGAF
- Be up to date with modern technologies such as Azure, AWS, Docker and Spark, PaaS, to name a few.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to explain projects to clients.
- Previous leadership experience.
As a leading, global consultancy, my client can offer a competitive salary of between £60,000-£75,000 d.o.e. The also have a competitive benefits package.
To learn more about the position, or to apply, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or firstname.lastname@example.org